Best Friend

http://magswings.blogspot.com/

Followers

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Troubles

Well, anyone who knows me personally knows that I am the guy that ends up chasing down to the ends of the universe a solution to someone else's problem, and give them a ton of help, regardless of if they want it.

I know what you're saying right now, and yes, it is not the best quality in me.

Actually it's a pretty bad trait, but regardless...

I had tried to "help" one of my friends who has just gotten through a really rough time in his life. He didn't need help at the time, but then he was asking questions about what he should "be doing" with his life. So, I was giving him the best advice I could. What I thought was helping... was actually totally screwing up everything. He reverted immedeatly back to a depression, and all of that hard work he and his parents had done to make him happy was lost. Because of me.

All because of me, no one else is to blame at all besides me.

I will not go into detail of what happened, but, know this.

Do NOT go diving yourself into someone else's life unless it's your spouse or immedeat family. Don't, never, for all your eternal lives, don't do it. I regret with ALL of my being doing that, and I wish I could just snap my fingers and make it so none of what I had told him had been spoken.

Life is hard, living it is harder, living it well is the hardest thing any man can do. Live YOUR life, and no one else's.
-Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment